It is probably confusing to decide which PHP framework to pick for custom web application development from all the remarkable ones. Mostly all of them follow the MVC pattern and provide a well-organized and reusable code. Among them, Laravel is open source and highly flexible and is used for supporting faster and effective web development services.
In the model-view-controller pattern, the data model is connected to the view of the application through an interface called controller which is responsible for the manipulation of the data in a given model. In other terms, the idea here is to separate the logic of the application from its presentation.
This software architecture can be considered quite possibly fit for custom web application development as it supports parallel development which results in scalable code in the least amount of time spending the least amount of effort. The separation makes it easier to identify and tackle the issues related to the web application as one can focus on a particular aspect of execution at a time that ensures code maintenance and effortless debugging.
The following can be considered as the key reasons to choose Laravel:
- Shorter development time: Shorter the development time, faster the time to market. Laravel consists of many out of the box features like object-oriented libraries, RESTful routes, MVC support etc that help developers to perform tasks parallelly and efficiently. Also, the MVC design paradigm ensures the decrease in the amount of decisions a developer needs to make, by having an environment with conventions that all elements require This decreases the duration of the project and the web application can be made live sooner.
- Highly secure: Security is the most crucial concern of a web application. Laravel has built-in authentication and authorization techniques that provide protection against cross-site request forgery, SQL injections and cross-site scripting. Also, the password is always saved into the database after being encrypted using bcrypt hashing algorithm and not as plain text. Thus, security is retained throughout the application.
- Highly maintainable: Laravel provides modularized and reusable code which helps during the maintenance of web application. If some update is to be made, individual modules are updated without affecting the entire application. Also, provided that all the database work is retained in migrations, changes can easily be migrated to another development machine.
- Smooth database management: As the Eloquent ORM generates objects and virtually maps the tables in a database, a well-optimized and consistent code helps interact with the database. Also, this ORM makes database abstraction easy as it handles SQL code, data type conversions, data validations. The application is protected against SQL injection attacks due to the filtering of data done by ORM. Thus, harmony is maintained between the PHP codes and the SQL database.
- Integration of Mail Services: Reliable communication is the basic requirement of any business. Laravel supports drivers that allow the application to send emails through local or cloud-based services. In addition to sending emails, notifications can be sent across various delivery channels, including email and SMS. Also, these notifications will be saved in the database and can be displayed in the respective web interface.
- Well tested functionalities: Testing is essential to reassure web applications’ success. Laravel supports out of the box built-in unit tests and supports helper methods that allow testing the applications.
- Excellent Performance: There are cases when certain functionalities or features affect the application’s performance but by integrating tools like Redis and Memcached within Laravel, it becomes easier for the developers to enhance the performance. Also, the Blade templates make the application lightweight without compromising its performance. Laravel makes MySQL replication sleek (by providing a configuration file where all the database connections can be defined) which in turn improves scalability and performance.
- Cost-Effective: The most important side of a business is its expenditure. With Laravel, one can build easy to use, secure and reliable web applications in the least duration. Templating, configuring etc reduce the developer’s efforts in performing programming tasks. Therefore, applications with high performance can be built without extravagant cost.
- Effortless Deployment: All it takes is a simple command-line command. Laravel provides with a command-line tool viz Artisan that performs most of the monotonous tasks automatically with ease like database architecture, migrations etc. These migration files can be used to easily recreate the application’s database (by executing the migrations in Artisan). Thus, anyone can get up and run the application with a structured database in no time.
- Lavish pool of talent: Laravel has an active and rapidly growing community that can provide support and answers quickly. Due to its popularity, the number of Laravel developers is growing who can efficiently work on creating/maintaining custom web applications as even Laracasts help them being up-to-date with their video resources.
- Proven Foundation: Symfony is the base for many Laravel components which gives the application a great foundation of well organized, tested and reliable code.
Laravel is considered to be highly adaptable in terms of market trends and consumer needs. It can easily be integrated with a PHP based CMS (like WordPress) to support content management due to its flexibility. There is always something innovative and worth improving with each new release.
Hence, on summing up the above advantages, it is quite acceptable that Laravel will not only enhance the interactivity of the web application but also provide a world-class experience to the customers. If you consider taking into account Laravel for your web application, make sure you check out our services page to study the samples.